(You may have heard of a Secret Santa event before from the ask blog list of the Suwako blog. This is the same event.)
Alright, Christmas is coming, so let’s try something fun, shall we? Let me explain how this works:
- You will be assigned to an ask blog you’re supposed to draw a picture for;
- You have until Christmas Eve to send in a picture;
- You’ll also get a picture from a secret benefactor. All pictures will be posted here on Christmas Day.
That’s the gist of it, but I’m going to have to lay down some more detailed rules here so please keep reading:
- This event is limited to drawn ask blogs of canon Touhou characters. Text-only blogs, create.swf blogs etc. are not allowed. Fan characters are also not allowed. (However, I urge the admins of these blogs to come up with their own Christmas event!);
- If your blog is for more than one character, you can still join if it’s a blog for a small group (i.e. Komeiji family, Gengetsu/Mugetsu). Blogs for the Touhou cast as a whole are right out (because it’s hard to pick someone to draw then!);
- It’s fine for multiple blogs of the same character to join (say, all Flandres). PC-98, Windows, and side work characters are all fine, as long as they’re official;
- To join, make a submission using this blog’s submit form. You have until November 30th to do so. Include in your form a link to your ask blog if you’re not posting as that account. Also include your preferred form of contact (this is important): tumblr, twitter, or e-mail;
- On December 1st, my friend terminill - who is not part of the Secret Santa - will pick out the names randomly. He’ll then contact you with the name of the blog you’ll be drawing for;
- When you finish your picture, use the submit form again to send it to me. However, please send it to me in a text link. This is both to ensure the picture is at the best possible resolution and that I don’t see it before Christmas Day. If you need image hosting, imgur is your best bet.
Very important things to keep in mind!
- Please make sure to turn in a picture! Even if you think your work wouldn’t be up to the standards of whoever you’re drawing it for. It wouldn’t be fair if people didn’t get a drawing;
- Put effort in your drawing! It’s a present, and you have 24 days to work on it. Don’t half-ass it, please. Again, it wouldn’t be fair;
- If you think the picture you received is not up to your standards, PLEASE don’t make a scene about it. Your secret santa probably worked hard on it, so don’t be a dick;
- Please be nice to the person you’re drawing a picture to! Don’t draw anything insulting, and please keep it safe for work as well (people have different standards of what they’ll put on their blog, and the person you’re drawing a gift to most likely will want to reblog it);
- Please make sure that your drawing involves the character of the ask blog. You’re free to add other characters as well if you want. If you’re drawing a picture for a blog that has multiple characters, you can draw as few as one;
- Keep your drawing secret! It’s called secret santa for a reason!
- There will be NO changing who to draw a picture for and NO dropping out. Come on guys, let’s be professional.
If you have any questions, you can use the submit form or contact me directly.
There’s no such thing as too many people joining - I’d rather all drawn ask blogs were in this! So yeah, go ahead and join, it’s fine! Go go go